2023 ANNUAL CONVENTION – THE FAST FIFTEEN
Houston, Texas – June 7-11, 2023
The 2023 Annual Convention Committee was held in Houston, Texas and featured the Society’s traditional mix of high quality clinics on historical and modeling topics by well-known authorities on the Santa Fe; extensive vendor/swap meet area catering to Santa Fe interests, an Extra Fare tour of Santa Fe operations on Galveston Island and a visit to the railroad museum there, and great Santa Fe camaraderie with others sharing your interest in the history, lore and modeling of The Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway!
Thursday, June 8, 2023 – EXTRA FARE to Galveston
Participants departed by bus from the Convention Hotel to travel to Galveston Island, home of the Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe, to see sights and visit the Galveston Railroad Museum . Points o f interest at the Museum included the Briscoe Santa Fe calendar collection and numerous other exhibits.
The Convention clinics included:
- The Santa Fe in World War II – Bob Walz
- Modeling the Santa Fe in World War II – Bob Walz
- Courier Nurses on the Santa Fe – Merrill Walz
- The ATSF Hereford Subdivision in HO Scale – Sammy Carlile
- The Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe in Oral History – William Osborn
- The Santa Fe in Photo and Memory Across Arizona – Brian Rhoads
- Helium Tank Cars 1926-1962 – Jay H. Miller